- Gather all the necessary information regarding the property through conversation with the realtor. Listening to the realtor or seller is critical – what are the most important selling points? How is the property portrayed in the most advantageous manner? What is the timeline or deadline for the project?
- The property is viewed and evaluated in Google Earth Pro.
- If possible, a “mission” or flight path is created for aerial video and photos.
- Determine what equipment and techniques are required to tell the story.
- Prepare and deliver a proposal based on the site-specific information acquired.
- Determine a strict schedule for production.
Shoot video and stills with high definition cameras and associated equipment, including Sony FS100 video camera, Sony a6000 stills/video camera, two Phantom drones, tripods, dolly, stabilizer, slider, lighting, sound equipment.
The editing process is the “art” of video production; creative decisions are required throughout. Raw footage is examined, evaluated and marked for inclusion or deleted. Shots are included based on their ability to portray the major selling point(s) of the property and how they can be utilized seamlessly to tell the story. Music that is upbeat, pleasant and motivational is chosen and synced with the video. The first edit is shared with the realtor for suggestions and is revised if required.
The video is formatted for the web (.mp4), rendered and optimized to reduce file size. It can be delivered directly to the realtor’s YouTube or Vimeo account, company website, or delivered on disc. Additional renderings can be made to upload to social media accounts and/or to the Cloud.