Our web hosting services feature a virtual private server (VPS) running on the speedy LiteSpeed platform. The benefits of a VPS over the more common shared server are:
- Security – With a virtual private server your file system is much more secure than a shared environment, where thousands of other site owners with shell access can browse through your files. In a shared hosting environment you are susceptible to system crashes and vulnerabilities created by the actions of others. If another shared account runs a script that crashes the server or opens up vulnerabilities, your site will go offline or be hacked as well. With a VPS account, the server administrator (Clearwater Web) chooses which sites share the VPS – presently only 10 trusted, local sites are on our VPS.
- Data Integrity – We back up each site on the VPS regularly: weekly database and file system backups are uploaded to our storage account at Amazon S3.
- Management – We handle all internal server configurations.
- Functionality – A VPS provides the same functionally as a dedicated server.
- Resource Efficient – The high level of server resources are instantly scaled to the needs of your site. In a shared environment, resources are allocated to all websites in an unequal manner, meaning a large site can drain all resources and leave yours performing sluggishly. In a virtual private server environment, you are guaranteed a set of resources to ensure your site always performs at full speed.
- Site Speed – Our server runs on the super speedy and resource efficient LiteSpeed platform, a huge upgrade over Apache. Google loves sites that load swiftly.
We take an active part in the success of each of our hosted sites
We are not merely re-sellers of hosting services. In addition to our VPS, we are able to provide optional site management for your website:
- Weekly updates to main core, themes and plugins
- Weekly scan for any security risks
- Site Analytics
- Weekly backup of all site files and databases to Amazon S3
- Mass removal of spam comments and post revisions
- Traffic change alerts
- Occasional minor tweaks – i.e. add a link, change wording, etc.
VPS hosting, including the website management tasks above, starts at $325/year.